Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lost Dreams

I had a strange dream a few nights ago. I keep forgetting to write about it. I was at home, here in our house in CDO. I was looking for something, and then suddenly, I couldn't find my way out. It's like our house sprouted 10 more rooms - bedrooms, family rooms, living rooms, even a lobby - all with connecting doors. It was like a maze. They were all familiar to the "me" in my dream, but I've never seen those rooms before. The lobby I saw in my dream was like that of a hotel. There were lots of people. I bumped into my favorite Aunt, and I asked her how to get out. She directed me to an auditorium (wtf?! an auditorium in my house?!), similar to the one at my university. I walked down the aisle at the far left, and entered door #8, like she told me to. Then I found myself backstage. I bumped into Patricia, a college classmate. We chatted for a while. And then the dream shifted, and I was at the back of a blue van. All the other performers in the auditorium were with me. I looked down at my feet and I was barefoot. It was raining outside, but I got off the van because I recognized the place we were passing by, and it was my neighborhood. I stood at the sidewalk, under the rain, waiting for a cab. I stood there for about 15 minutes, all the while feeling very self-conscious about my being barefoot, at the same time thinking of going to see my boyfriend. After what felt like forever (to the "me" in the dream of course), I was finally able to hail a taxi, get on, and then .. I woke up.

Strange. And the funny thing is, it wasn't the first time I dreamt of those rooms - or getting lost, for that matter.

1 comment:

  1. OMG marj bebe. i once had a dream of being lost too so i googled it for the interpretation. and this is what i got:

    According to some psychologists dreams about being lost frequently symbolises the beginning of a new phase of life and expresses the anxiety of leaving behind the familiar. Your dream may also express your worries about having no direction to your life. At times like this, it is wise to make a simple written list of the things that you want to achieve in life. Set yourself an attainable goal; set a deadline; and go for it!

    Hope that helps dear.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete