Sunday, November 28, 2010

Free Time

It seems like another quiet day at home. The hospital activity drops with every Christmas season. No patients means no work - in a sense. I'm on on call today (and have been and for the past few days). Actually, I've spent more days at home than at work this past 2 weeks, which is completely fine with me. I needed a break. And I was able to put all this free time to good use. I've started painting again. I tried my hand on painting flowers with watercolor and acrylic on my own as my assignment. Sad to say, I only succeeded in wasting 3 good pieces of watercolor paper. After hours of depressing work, I finally gave up, came to the conclusion that I could not paint at all, then spent another hour crying my eyes out. It was funny. I surprised myself with my reaction, and was even more surprised that I couldn't stop crying! I guess I needed that wake up call. The upside is that I've finally realized how much I needed to learn, and I felt the serious need to improve my skill.
I've started jogging, too. So far, I was able to run 2.4km straight without stopping. It's an amazing feeling! The adrenaline rush, the cool wind against my face, and the energy!
I'm doing more daimoku these days, as well. I'm stuck in a rut, you see. My career path has suddenly become a maze. And the best advice I've received is to chant as much daimoku as I can. I'm workin' on it.
So, in summary, I'm workin on my body, my faith, and my skills. And I feel pretty good, right now. The only downside to all this, is that I won't be earning much this month, what with all the on call and day off schedules I have. I'm almost certain as to how much I'll be getting in this kinsena's paycheck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment